16 January 2012

Going Through the Motions...

Following,  is one of my favorite songs.  It is such a great reminder of how my heart ought to be.  I *know* I am not the only one who finds themselves just "going through the motions".  While life is "smooth" we tend to  let our walk with the Lord slip.  After all, it's easy.  We don't "need" the Lord.  We are doing "just fine" on our own.  How wrong and debilitating is that thinking.  How much we miss when we only turn to the Lord when trials come.  Imagine how YOU would feel if your child only came to you when times were tough.  When they needed something.  When they needed you to "fix" something they already spent time messing up... (especially when their efforts only made the problem worse!)

Sometimes I sit back and am just flabbergasted at the Lord's mercy and love for me.  And then I think of all I have missed by allowing myself to become complacent.  By just "going through the motions".  I pray because it's routine.  I read the Scriptures, and they become simple bedtime stories to me... even stories I normally cherish and treasure.  It all becomes an outward action rather than an inward showing of love.

Well... I don't want to catch myself just "going through the motions".  I want to keep my heart in the fire's of the Lord's goodness.  To continue to refine, and build upon His faithfulness.  I don't want to get to the end of my life and have to wonder what I missed because I didn't "give it everything". 

I hope this song blesses you as much as it does me, every time I listen to it...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.